No other guitar company has been around and inspiring the evolution of the acoustic guitar for as long as C. F. Martin & Co. and no other acoustic guitar companies designs have been copied as much as theirs. So the Martin Standard Series aren’t just called that – this is the standard that everything else is measured by. Highest quality, tried and true tonewoods, sitka spruce tops and genuine mahogany or East Indian rosewood back and sides – needless to say, all solid – make these guitars an absolute dream for any guitarist. Many of these original Martin shapes have been out there for over a century and all of them have undergone continuous tweaks and improvements over time. These guitars are the result of almost 190 years of Martin history.
Although there are is no surviving documentation of the 00 shape before 1873 it is likely to have been developed as far back as the 1850s. The combination of sitka spruce and genuine mahogany give this historic shape an especially warm sound.
- Body Size00-14 Fret
- Construction:Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing PatternX-Brace
- Brace ShapeScalloped
- Top MaterialSitka Spruce
- Back MaterialGenuine Mahogany
- Side MaterialGenuine Mahogany
- Recommended StringsAuthentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Finish TopGloss
- Back & Side FinishGloss
- Scale length24.9"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut:1 3/4''
- Neck ShapeModified Low Oval
- Neck TaperHigh-Performance Taper
- Electronics OptionsFishman Gold Plus Natural I / Fishman Infinity Matrix / Fishman Presys Plus / Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend / LR Baggs Anthem